Metalfab was first founded as Ganz Welding and Machine in 1956. In 1969 Ganz Welding changed to a Corporation and took on the name of Metalfab Inc. Herb Ganz, It’s founder, also added Pybus Steel from Wenatchee, Washington as an additional Partner. Together they were able to complete large jobs such as the Power House at Boise Cascade, the Second power house at Grand Coulee Dam, what is now known as Iowa Beef Packing Plant and Energy Northwest Nuclear Power Generating Plant #2.
The stock owned by Pybus Steel was bought back by Metalfab and Charles Barnett became a partner with Herb in the ownership in 1979. Then in 2005 due to health Charles bought Metalfab from Herb and became the sole owner of Metalfab Inc.
Metalfab’s work can be seen all around the Tri Cities. Some of the more prominent jobs are listed in the projects section.
- Boise Cascade – Power House
- Iowa Beef Packing Plant
- Energy Northwest Nuclear Power Generating Plant #2
- Columbia Center – including JC Penny’s, Bon Marché and Sears
- Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco High Schools
- Southridge & Kamiakin High Schools
- Many Junior High and Elementary Schools throughout the Columbia Basin
- TRAC Facility
- GESA Stadium Sunshade
- City of Richland Shops
- Con Agra - Richland and Pasco
- Kiona Vineyards Winery